Monday 12 March 2018

The Shiva Slaps!



Since I am a Shivaite, I call these the Shiva slaps.

They happen a lot with me. Each time I let the two-horned, arrow-tailed, spear-holding monster linger on my left shoulder for a somewhat long time, I get whacked by Lord Shiva in His strange ways with a simple, subliminal message that puts me back on track.

2017 was a good year for my writing work. I was productive, prolific and wrote with flourish and proclivity. The Writer's Block remained at bay and I wrote all kinds of things - business writing, poetry, blogs and fed regularly into some of my manuscripts. I wrote at all times with ease, whether it was the dead of the night or wee hours of the morning or the middle of the day.

But 2018 began on a somewhat slow note. I was low and downbeat, given to low energy, feeble enthusiasm and weak will.

And then I get a string of those Shiva slaps delivered across my right on a single day.

First, Andy Alpine, a LinkedIn connection, invited me to write for his rather nice website - https://boomersbucketlisttravel.com/

And then Qrius (previously The Indian Economist) sent me the following note.

To say the least, I am impressed with Qrius and their line up of writers. I am also chuffed about the fact that they syndicate to World Economic Forum and Harvard Economics Review.

Yes, I will be writing for both!

And then there has been AELD (The Association of Emerging Leaders' Dialogues) extending their hand and inducting me on their Board.

A US-based Life Coach interviews me for her series of interviews of global professional leaders and calls mine an 'Extraordinary Life of a Leader.'

One of the highest ranked hospitality e-magazines offers me to design their PR Course.

The Shiva slaps keep coming, making it difficult for me to find excuses for shirking my work and not putting in my one hundred percent.

Lord Shiva will just not allow that in my case, it seems!




Picture courtesy - Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment